Grow your career at Big Brothers Big Sisters.
We are committed to a diverse workforce with representation from every walk of life. We recognize how our organization is greatly enhanced when we unite people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
SITE-BASED PROGRAM SPECIALIST
The Site-Based Program Specialist is responsible for facilitating sessions, conducting match support and providing overall support of Site-Based matches to ensure child safety and long-term caring relationships between matches while focusing on positive outcomes for youth.
DEPARTMENT: Site-Based Mentoring Program
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
FLSA STATUS: Full-time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
- Facilitate and supervise site sessions, ensuring positive match development and safety of both Bigs (mentors) and Littles (mentees).
- Provide timely and comprehensive written assessments and recommendations for participation in the program.
- Identify suitable, potential matches.
- Contribute to site curriculum.
- Provide ongoing support in a creative manner for assigned matches to achieve length of match, closure, and outcome evaluation goals.
- Conduct monthly match support that is accomplished through in-person, e-mail, or telephone contact.
- Provide recommendations for volunteer appreciation and participate in events
- Facilitate in-person match meetings.
- Provide accurate and timely program statistics.
- Maintain accurate file documentation for each match according to BBBSA standards and agency policies.
- Attend agency staff and departmental meetings.
- Work effectively with assigned partner school(s) as well as plan and facilitate meetings as appropriate.
- Assist with volunteer orientations and training.
- Ensure high-level expertise in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies, and procedures throughout all aspects of job function.
- Effectively use active and attentive listening to confirm understanding.
- Coach others through use of reflective questioning; personalize communication content and delivery to fit different perspectives, backgrounds, or styles of audience.
- Document information about matches clearly and concisely in order to keep records accurate and up to date.
- Solid conflict-resolution skills (internal and external conflicts).
- Attend/complete appropriate meetings and trainings as directed by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Bilingual in Spanish – oral and written – required
- Must have access to reliable automobile, valid Driver’s License and Automobile Insurance
- Experience with at-risk/high-risk youth (volunteer and/or paid) preferred
- Familiar with Windows XP software applications
- High level of customer service
- Excellent oral and written communication skills reflecting solid customer service both in-person and via telephone.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Maintains confidentiality throughout daily operations
- Ability to multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced environment with heavy workload, while exercising good judgement, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
Based in the Santa Ana office, the communications coordinator will play an important role in supporting and implementing department initiatives in Orange County and the Inland Empire. Key responsibilities focus on coordinating written and visual content and providing departmental administrative support. Strong writing skills are required for this position.
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing & Communications
FLSA STATUS: Full-Time, Hourly,, Non-Exempt
Interested applicants must submit the following:
- Cover letter
- Two writing samples (professional, internship or university newspaper/magazine work preferred)
- Write captions and gather visual assets for social media posts across all channels; ensure provided visuals adhere to guidelines created by the digital marketing manager; provide support in scheduling/uploading content through Hootsuite
- Write original blog posts and curate/edit written and visual content from contributors across all agency departments
- Ensure that website copy is up-to- date at all times, including volunteer orientation dates, partnerships, staff contacts, board of director lists, media center and upcoming events; write new web copy as needed
- Write and edit copy for all newsletters; gather visual assets and ensure all content from other departments is submitted by prescribed deadlines
- Support media outreach initiatives led by our external public relations agency, including
scheduling interviews, drafting talking points, briefing interview subjects, updating media kit materials, providing on-site event support (including photo IDs), and writing press releases, calendar listings, award nominations and other pieces as needed
- Write, edit and proofread for special projects, including speeches, flier, annual report, events and
fund development campaigns/appeals
- Prepare agency PowerPoints; work cross-departmentally to provide support in writing copy,
proofreading, gathering visual assets and managing graphic design requests for lunch and learn
presentations, events, meetings, etc.
- Coordinate and oversee the administrative needs of the marketing and communications
department (ex: mailings, inventory management, supply ordering, scheduling, record-keeping, database upkeep/light data entry, event marketing/communications admin tasks)
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism or a related field.
- Minimum one year professional experience in a related field (including internships)
- Exceptional written and visual communications skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficiency with Google Drive and GSuite applications
- Knowledge of AP Style highly preferred
- Basic knowledge of or willingness to learn Adobe Creative Cloud applications (InDesign and PhotoShop) and web-based platforms (WordPress, basic HTML, email marketing services)
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment that requires flexibility in managing multiple priorities and projects
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with ability to meet all deadlines
- Exceptional computer skills (Mac software applications, Microsoft Office Suite)
- Must have access to a reliable automobile, valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
VOLUNTEER RELATIONS SPECIALIST
This position is responsible for increasing and maintaining a steady flow of qualified volunteer mentors and mentees for BBBSOC programs through recruitment and outreach events, skilled inquiry/lead management and timely, efficient volunteer on-boarding. This position will also provide high-level customer service in response to all levels of contacts with BBBSOC. The successful incumbent will produce high contact to volunteer conversion; timely and accurate volunteer processing; and excellent customer satisfaction.
DEPARTMENT: Traditional Program
REPORTS TO: Enrollment & Intake Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt, 40 hours, may include weekends
- Guarantees high rate of conversion from inquiry to program participation. Ensures that all inquiries receive prompt, inviting, professional, and informative responses within 24 hours.
- Ensures all volunteers are properly screened using good judgment and according to policy parameters. Promptly schedules interviews with volunteers.
- Ensures that volunteers fully understand requirements and obligations of the program.
- Builds rapport with all volunteers and families to set positive, appropriate interaction with BBBSO
- Responsible for current and accurate information systems regarding volunteer processing.
- Ensures families and volunteers are provide and understands program information.
- Ensures all appropriate forms are accurately completed and received timely.
- Ensures smooth transition among functions in collaboration with other staff.
- Consistently and accurately maintains and tracks positive, inviting relationships with potential volunteers who do not begin the enrollment process.
- Ensures accurate, prompt background screening per BBBSOC policies for all volunteers who are accepted into the program, including reference checks.
- Ensure that confidential information is used appropriately. Ensures that the information is not divulged contrary to BBBSOC policy and/or state law.
- Track all volunteer trainings and ensure 100% completion of all trainings within required for enrolling volunteers.
- Responsible for the overall opinion and outlook of the organization by our volunteers.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Provides excellent customer service; meets the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; all customer and stakeholder contacts are marked by an atmosphere of fun and magic; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; talks and acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationship with customers and gains their trust and respect; deals effectively with diversity.
- Works independently, exercising good judgment, decision making and problem solving skills throughout the completion of all job duties.
- Effectively promotes the agency mission and vision within the workplace, client base, and broader community.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Highest level of customer service; 2+ years of customer service
- Familiar with Windows XP software and Google Suite applications.
- Access to a reliable automobile, valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills reflecting solid customer service both in-person and via the telephone, and high-level interviewing skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Maintains confidentiality throughout daily operations.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Capable of presenting material in a group in a fun, lively and informative manner.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently in fast paced environment with heavy workload while exercising good judgment, decision making and problem solving skills.
CLICK TO VIEW REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES FOR ALL CAREER POSITIONS
Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and service; talks and acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationship with customers and gains their trust and respect; ensures customers feel they have been listened to; establishes credibility quickly.
Relates well to all kinds of people; builds appropriate rapport; practices active listening; builds constructive and effective relationships; deals effectively with diversity; uses diplomacy and tact; capable of diffusing difficult situations comfortably; manages frustration appropriately; is easy to approach and talk to; spends the extra effort to put others at ease.
Can marshal resources to get things done; orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and follows established process.
Is motivated by results; can be counted on to meet and exceed goals successfully; bottom-lined oriented; pushes self for results; sets clear objectives and measures, monitors process and progress; brings forward innovative practices and suggestions for improvements.
Promotes Vision and Mission
Effectively promotes the agency mission and vision, internally, as well as with the broader community.
The environmental conditions described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- Routine office environment.
- Occasional travel
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and required skills. Job Description may be subject to change to meet the needs of the organization.
Your employment with BBBSOC will be “at will,” meaning that either you or BBBSOC may end your employment at any time and for any reason, with or without cause.